Regardless of age, visiting a primary care doctor at least once a year can have a significant impact on your overall health and greatly improve your chances of overcoming serious conditions such as cancer. To schedule an examination for you or your family, please call or request more information online.Tests and health screenings vary by the age of the patient, but there are several treatments that are performed regardless of your stage of life. For example, vaccinations such as tetanus and pertussis (whooping cough) need to be maintained regularly.
The following is a list of other exams that doctors perform during a typical office visit:
- Eyesight and hearing test
- Heart and lung exam
- Oral health exam
- Neurological exams to test the nerves, muscle strength, reflexes, balance, and mental sharpness
Physical Examination for Children and Adults
Wellness exams for children include many of the same tests and treatments as the ones performed for adults. As a child grows though, doctors are also concerned with monitoring developmental milestones, and making sure that their height and weight increase at a consistent rate.
As a patient ages, a number of other tests become a standard part of annual wellness exams:
- Blood pressure, cholesterol, and blood sugar screenings
- Test for infections such as viral hepatitis
- Testing for sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)
Women should also have the following annual screenings:
- Pelvic exams
- Breast exams (mammograms)
- Pap smears, for early identification of cervical cancer
- HPV (genital human papillomavirus) screenings
After the age of 40, men should consider annual prostate and colorectal exams for early detection of cancer.
Preventitive and Wellness Services – Keep Your Family Healthy
The goal of preventative medicine is to stop certain medical conditions from occurring, and to identify serious issues early on so that treating them can be more effective. Wellness exams are a large part of this.
Whatever your age, visiting a family medicine doctor at least once a year is essential to staying healthy. To schedule an examination for you or your family, please call or request more information online.
Our focus is on prevention and lifestyle changes to help you improve your health and wellness. We are your partner and your resource for information you need to make positive health choices and decisions. We offer:
- Comprehensive Physical for men, women and children
- School and sport physicals
- Cholesterol screening
- Pre-surgical clearance
- Diabetes screening
- Drug screening
- Cancer screening
- High blood pressure screening
- Weight management and nutrition support
- Smoking cessation assistance